Drone Program Development & Emergency Services Use
Very unique opportunity! Two days of training and receive an OSHA – ANSI – NATE compliant certification training on both Authorized Tower Climber AND Tower Inspection Drone certification. Either bring you own drone(s) or, use one of our 5 in the fleet. Limited Space.
Tower Inspection – Structure Inspection – Bridge Inspection – Fire Service Emergency Scene Documentation and Training – Police Services Scene Documentation and Training Construction Site Inspection and Documentation – Arborists – Aerial Photography
- Pre Climb – May eliminate the need to climb – SAFETY
- Inspect Climbing Path
- Ladder Connections and Condition
- Inspect Ladder Climb Safety Connections
- Weld Inspection
- Lightning Strike Damage
- Connections – Stress clips and cable condition
- Insulator Condition
- Guywire Connections – Safety Wire Status
- Weather / Storm Damage – Determine if safe to climb
- Paint Condition – Color Condition – Faded still meet requirements
- Lighting Status and Condition
- Regulations, Requirements and Standards review
- Commercial Operations Review
- Definitions and Types of SUAV Drones
- Process of Registering a Drone
- Flight Operations
- Owner’s Manual Review
- FAA Requirements
- Initial Operation Experience and Flight Supervision
- Standard Inspection – Site – Route – Data – Documentation
- Expected Outcome – Flight Recording and Video Data
- Actual Flight Operation of Aircraft – Flight Checks – Procedures
- Flight Operations Documentation
- Flight Simulation Time – Class
- Actual flight time around our training tower.
- “Target Practice” Find all of our 10 hidden “targets” on the tower to hone your pilot skills and video skills
- Review how to best organize, use and store your footage.
- Complete a written test
- Complete a practical SUAV Pilot Proficiency test
- End of course edit some of your best footage in a Quick “Music Video”
- You will receive ALL footage from the class
What you Receive when you successfully completed course
- Certificate of Successful Completion
- Photo ID Certification w/ Certification Numbers
- Copies of all the Flight Log Sheets (actual and simulation)
- Copies of all the Pre-flight Documentation
- Copies of all the Job Briefing Sheets
- Copies of all the Test results
- Copies of all the Drone Registration (that apply)
- Copies of all the video footage
Frequently Asked Questions
As of June 21, 2016 the Standards and requirements have changed. Here are a few links of the standards, regulations and requirements we follow:
TRS offers that service as well. We can come to your site, conduct and complete the video inspection, data input, documentation, logging and supply you with a complete, highest quality professional documented project. All for a competitive price. Call 719-966-9922 for details.
No – If you are a certified climber, Great… It is not a requirement. See next question if you would like to be…
Yes – We are willing and able travel to your location. Call for details.
We do have a minimum cost for the training. We can advertise a class on a specific date with openings to fill the course. If needed we have a minimum flat rate cost we charge. We then can host the course for one, two or three students.
YES – Great question – We can have you sign up for our 2 day Authorized Climber / Rescuer and add a 3rd day of Drone Pilot Training to your course. Because several of the regulations and tower site inspection training crosses over we can combine the training together completing both in a customized 24 hour training course. (Drone Included Price will be adjusted accordingly) Course Student minimum and maximum will apply. Call 719-966-9922 for details.
No – The new standards, regulations and requirements (Part 107) now make it clearer and more comprehensive to follow and understand. Listed below is a link to their new website:
Yes and No
Yes, if you are not trained. The technology is amazing, however, because the commercial application of flying around structures, training is imperative. Proper training involves several key components:
- Understanding the regulations
- Pre Flight Review and Drone Inspection
- Site Job Briefings
- Actual Flying time to learn how to fly the remote controlled UAV
- Simulator time is a significant opportunity in learning how to fly without the risk of an expensive crash
No, Because of the technology allows for a much faster learning curve
- Drones with “Safe Mode” helps in learning referencing and the stability
- GPS and Connectivity Technology
- Also, the cost has come down to a point that if a crash occurs, you are not out $3000.00 to $10,000.00
- Not much, and a lot depending on their designed use.
- Some say a Drone is a unmanned remote controlled aircraft operated by the military for surveillance or to carry weapons
- Some say the correct reference to a small unmanned aircraft with 4 blades is a quadcopter – Mainly considered a hobby SUAV
- Bottom line… The term Drone is accepted universally for UAV Hobby, Commercial or Military.
Why is TRS Training Different?
Real World Application
I (Steve Fleming) will be your Drone Pilot Instructor. I established TRS in 1986 and have taught adults in Emergency Services, Fall Protection, Construction and the Tower Climbing Industry for over 37 years.
Licensed as a FAA Pilot
As a licensed Glider and Single Engine Pilot have the skills and knowledge to share with you how the Commercial Drone Pilot and FAA can work together.
Experience in Actual Tower Climbing Work
As a Competent Climber / Rescuer Instructor and Commercial Tower Climber I can share the way tower climbers and Drone pilots can work together.
Our Training Facility
We have a 100’ three leg self-supporting tower with 10 “training targets” and an actual antenna to hone your Drone Pilot skills within 15 steps from the classroom. We also have a large screen computer simulator for the “ground school”.
COST and SAFETY
Our TRS Drone Pilot Training course is priced to be very competitive and complete – INCLUDING the drone. With the technological improvements of this video platform (Drone). Now, with the proper training, allows us to actually video stream, with incredible resolution; training, construction sites, emergency scenes, aerial photography, structures, bridges and towers at height. With this equipment and training you can often eliminate, or lower, the number of times a climber needs to climb. Safety like this is invaluable.
2 Day Pilot Course
Class Size Limit: 4 Min – 6 Max
If less than 4 students, a flat rate minimum may apply