Amusement Rides, Ski Lifts & Trams
The course will begin with basic skills and include practical exercises and testing in both areas, based on requirements of OSHA, ANSI, NATE, NFPA and industrial standards as the pertain to structure and tower climbing, fall protection and rescue involving an ill, injured or post fall climber.
These tests are designed and implemented to serve as a means documenting proficiency in accordance with OSHA 1910.268, ANSI Z490, ANSI Z359 as they pertain.
This course will teach students necessary skills to work and rescue at height on lifelines / with backup systems, affect certain job/rescue skills at height, review, understand, problem solve and perform situation rescue operations. The course shall include extensive hands-on teaching and problem-solving exercises. Testing includes skills proficiency, scenario-based performance evaluation of the class and a written exam.
Follows, meets and exceeds OSHA, ANSI, NATE, NFPA standards as they pertain to Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue.
The course will begin with basic skills and include practical exercises and testing in both areas of hands-on and a written test as per NFPA 1006, ANSI Z490 standards and TRS training requirements. These tests are designed and implemented to serve as a means of documenting proficiency as it pertains to the training. A complete “course packet” will be presented to the training host at the successful completion of the training.
Technical Rescue Systems LLC training will cover via both cognitive and practical hands-on training in the areas involving, but not limited to:
- Introduction to NFPA regulations and standards
- Federal and Industrial Standards including OSHA, NATE, ANSI Z359, NFPA and training standards ANSI Z490
- Principles of scene evaluation in rope rescue situations
- Your department’s equipment review and inspection
- Rope Rescue PPE Inspection and Documentation
- Rescue Harness uses, fit, inspection review
- Rope Rescue equipment, capabilities, care and inspection
- Rope Rescue scene and rescue option review and hands-on
- Anchoring options and reviews
- Anchoring angle forces and options
- Edge protection review and options
- Pulley application, forces and limitations
- Rope Rescue Rigging, options, forces utilizing aerial apparatus
- Basic and specific equipment and hauling rigging review
- Knots –lifeline inspection and care
- Mechanical Advantage systems, forces and uses
- Understanding, prevention and treatment for suspension trauma
- Patient-evaluation in a technical rescue situation
- Litter patient packaging options and lifting
- Low angle rescue, scene evaluation
- Low angle scene setup and anchoring options
- Low angle rescue, hauling and safety-systems options
- Low angle rescue large scene (MCI) review
- Case history reviews
- Written test review and completion
- Course review and closing Q&A time
2 Day Climber – Fall Protection Safety and Rescuer Course
Class Size Limit: 8